You’re the Apple of my Eye is our next instalment in our Valentine’s Fruity Balloon Surprise. This is a particularly good one because red as a colour is so fitting for this Hallmark holiday.
- As many red balloons as you’d like apples
- A4 sheet of green construction card
- Some brown card
- Hot glue
- Double-sided tape
- You’re the Apple of My Eye Template
- The first step is actually to find a box that you think is cute and suitable for your surprise. Think about whether you’ll post it, or leave it open on someone’s desk.
- After you’ve determined the size of the box, pump all your balloons with helium so that the total volume is less than the box, making sure they are weighed down with a ribbon.
- You’ll need to cut a leaf shape out of green construction card, and fold down about 3cm of the tip. This is where the leaf will stand up.
- Roll up a piece of brown card about 5cm tall and secure with double-sided tape to make the apple stem, and hot glue the stem onto the lower folded portion of the leaf.
- Once the hot glue dries, apply double-sided tape to the underside of the lower folded portion of the leaf, and fix to the top side of the balloon.
- For the final touch, print out the template to stick onto the box. Or, you can write your own message for a personal touch!